Saturday, June 4, 2016

E-bike letter to the editor

Responding to Paul Anderson’s motorized bike editorial The big picture on this is do you want an alternative to the automobile?






Yes, I got an electric bike last year. Why? Because it's an 18 mile round trip from the ranch to Whole Foods



and I couldn't bike up the hill to Missouri Heights with 30 lbs of food when I was 16 much less now. Besides, I want to ride something which might move faster than the bear on the bike path…. you know… since I’m carrying food in those paniers. 



(Note to self- put berries on top to throw behind you- like you’re in a troika with wolves chasing you)




Electric is a good choice for those of us who don't wear spandex.








...and it's a great way to get down to the Woody Creek Distillery for some smoked salmon  - that's Flip (Open Fire Catering) smoking the salmon on the grill- yum.

No comments: