Tuesday, August 20, 2013

EasyWater evaporates

I installed the EasyWater saltless water softener and promised a follow up. This is the follow up.

I waited a month after installing the EasyWater then I took 2 mason jars and put equal amounts of water direct from the well:

and from the house...




I labeled them


and set them aside to evaporate.

At first the only difference between the two was that the sample from the house had a lot more air bubbles. Other than that they looked identical.




After the water evaporates only the minerals should be left. If the EasyWater is doing it's job there should be less residue in the House sample than in the Well Sample.


If there is a difference, it's pretty small.


...really really small.


House "treated" water


Well "untreated" water.

I'm going to be really generous and wait a couple more months and try again; but really I'm thinking "don't waste your money".







2 comments:

AKent said...

the house sample is nicer to look at... thanks for the info ( my sample is in a lab right now).

AKent said...

the house sample is nicer to look at...thanks for the info (my sample is in a lab right now).