Sunday, December 30, 2007

happy face


Several people have asked me how Jinks is doing. He's doing really well. He's holding his own, he's active, he's pugnacious and his appetite hasn't slowed one jot. That's all wonderful but what I'm hoping for is what I see in this picture I took in September of this year. This is Jinksy's "happy face" when he's out in the field chasing, running, barking, flopping through snow and rushing back to me for treats. This is the face he has when he doesn't hurt, when he isn't tired, when he isn't anxious, when he doesn't have a care in the world. This is the face which is impossible to frown or mope around, this is the joyous Corgi smile, full of laughter, full of hope, full of fun. We're looking for the "happy face" which is different from the "dinner time" face of the "snuggle time" face or the "let's go home" face. Paws and fingers crossed that he will feel this good again.

No comments: