Monday, August 5, 2013

Raspberries

In 1997 Mrs. Mac gave me some raspberry roots. She had *thousands* of raspberries and there were always "shooter" roots finding their way into the garden. I took them and planted them around the house.

The ones on the West side died from too much sun.

The ones inside the patio next to the rock wall died because Jinks ate them (roots and all- he was the Corgi that ate wasabi after all...)

The ones along the fence died from too much sun, too much wind and too many deer.

.... but....

The little raspberry next to the rock wall, on the outside of the patio fence, under the flower box... that one... survived.


I have to be quick or the deer , chipmunks or mosquitos will get there first.



I water them when I'm filling the bird bath
That's about one raspberry a day.... 

sometimes two...


That's one tough raspberry bush.




No comments: